We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information on our website and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
We use and are responsible for information we collect from you when you visit our website or submit an enquiry to us. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
Information we collected or obtain
When you visit our website and/or submit an enquiry to us, we may collect the following personal information from you, or you may freely provide it to us when submitting your enquiry:
• your name and contact information, including email address and telephone number
• your employment history and details of referees (who we presume consent to us contacting them if we wish to proceed with your application)
• information about your child if relevant to the enquiry
• location data, if you choose to give this to us
• information about how you use our website, IT, communication and other systems
We may later collect other personal information from you if we need it and we will ask you for this at the time.
How we use your personal information
We will use the personal information we collect or obtain from you in order to process your enquiry or application and ensure it is dealt with by the correct people.
We can deal with your enquiry ourselves. We generally will not use your data for any other reason unless we tell you in advance, we have your consent, it is necessary to comply with a legal or contractual obligation, or it is in our legitimate interests. We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will keep data that we collect or obtain from you for as long as is necessary to process your application. For enquiries about child places, new nursery openings, or franchise opportunities, this will typically be 24 months so that we can update you about new opportunities throughout this time. For job enquiries we will usually hold your details only for as long as it takes for the local nursery to contact you.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
▪ fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
▪ access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
▪ require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
▪ require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
▪ receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
▪ object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
▪ object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
▪ object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
▪ otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
▪ email, call or write to us addressed to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
▪ let us have enough information to identify you
▪ let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
▪ let us know the information to which your request relates